“Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” — James 1:17
First Presbyterian Church is only able to do the ministry we do because of the great generosity of our members and friends. We are so thankful for every gift and every giver who continually blesses this church with their generous living. If you have experienced the generosity of God and have been blessed by the ministry of First Presbyterian Church, we invite you to consider ways you can partner with us.
Here are five ways you can partner with First Presbyterian Church in doing ministry:
- SERVICE – Visit our Get Involved page to see how you might partner with us through service.
- TITHE* – Commit to sharing the resources God has given to you with First Presbyterian Church. You can do this by picking up a Generosity packet at the church office and filling out the enclosed Commitment Card or requesting one through the contact form on our Contact Us page. You can then fulfill that commitment through placing your offering in the offering plate each Sunday, through mailing a check to the First Presbyterian Church at P.O. Box 1438, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, OR by giving a donation online via our Give Now button (located at the bottom of this page).
- ONE-TIME DONATION* – If you wish to partner with the First Presbyterian Church, but cannot commit at this time to a weekly tithe, please consider giving a one-time donation to the church by either placing the gift in the offering plate on Sunday, mailing a check to the First Presbyterian Church, or making a donation online with our Give Now button (located at the bottom of this page).
- SPECIAL PROJECT* – Another way you can partner with the First Presbyterian Church is through donating for a specific project. Here are the projects we are currently raising funds for:
- Hospitable Rest Rooms: The rest rooms off of the fellowship hall in the church basement have fallen into disrepair over the years and need to be repaired and refreshed. We’d like to provide our church family and guests with warm, hospitable facilities. The approximate cost of this project is $13,550.
- Accessible Entry: With an elevator already in place, we’d like to continue to improve the accessibility of our facility by having automatic doors installed in the west entry. We also want to restructure that entry to make it more welcoming. The approximate cost for this project is $10,000-20,000.
- Ceiling Replacement: Some of our ceilings may contain asbestos. We’d like to have all the surfaces in our church tested for asbestos and then we will seek to have the affected areas removed and new ceilings installed. Approximate cost for this project is UNDETERMINED.
- Other: If you wish to donate to a project other than the three listed above, please consult with the Pastors and the Session to make sure that the project is something that is needed or wanted.
- LEGACY – Consider leaving a gift to First Presbyterian Church in your Last Will & Testament. Visit our Leave a Legacy page to for more details.
- PRAY – Visit our page on Prayer to see how you can pray for First Presbyterian Church’s mission, its members, and its friends.
* All monetary donations to the First Presbyterian Church are tax-deductible.