Partner in Generosity
“Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” — James 1:17
First Presbyterian Church is only able to do the ministry we do because of the great generosity of our members and friends. We are so thankful for every gift and every giver who continually blesses this church with their generous living. If you have experienced the generosity of God and have been blessed by the ministry of First Presbyterian Church, we invite you to consider ways you can partner with us.
Here are five ways you can partner with First Presbyterian Church in doing ministry:
- SERVICE – Visit our Get Involved page to see how you might partner with us through service.
- TITHE* – Commit to sharing the resources God has given to you with First Presbyterian Church. You can do this by picking up a Generosity packet at the church office and filling out the enclosed Commitment Card or requesting one through the contact form on our Contact Us page. You can then fulfill that commitment through placing your offering in the offering plate each Sunday, through mailing a check to the First Presbyterian Church at P.O. Box 1438, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, OR by giving a donation online via our Give Now button (located at the bottom of this page).
- ONE-TIME DONATION* – If you wish to partner with the First Presbyterian Church, but cannot commit at this time to a weekly tithe, please consider giving a one-time donation to the church by either placing the gift in the offering plate on Sunday, mailing a check to the First Presbyterian Church, or making a donation online with our Give Now button (located at the bottom of this page).
- SPECIAL PROJECT* – Another way you can partner with the First Presbyterian Church is through donating for a specific project. Here are the projects we are currently raising funds for:
- Stained Glass Restoration: Our beautiful stained glass window of Jesus that resides in our sanctuary behind the altar has some significant cracks in it. We’d like to get it completely repaired and restored. The approximate cost for this project is $13,000.
- Education Wing Hallway Carpet: We are hoping to re-carpet the hallway down the education wing of the building from the west lobby down to Blessed Beginnings. The old carpeting has asbestos tile underneath, which will need to be abated. We do not have an approximate cost for this project yet.
- REC Building Kitchen: We’d like to knock down a wall and expand the kitchen at the Rutz Education Center so that we have a good place to prepare food for our youth groups. We do not have an approximate cost for this project yet.
- Other: If you wish to donate to a project other than the three listed above, please consult with the Pastors and the Session to make sure that the project is something that is needed or wanted.
- LEGACY – Consider leaving a gift to First Presbyterian Church in your Last Will & Testament. Visit our Leave a Legacy page to for more details.
- PRAY – Visit our page on Prayer to see how you can pray for First Presbyterian Church’s mission, its members, and its friends.
* All monetary donations to the First Presbyterian Church are tax-deductible.